Sunday, 28 July 2013

Cats.

It was the first day after the final exams and Anastasia was packing. A number of trips were planned to take place this summer: "Oh, how marvellous it will all be!" she smiled to herself as she folded shirts, dresses and more clothes into the suitcase. Suddenly, the doorbell of her apartment rang. "Who the hell can it be?" When she opened the door, there he stood - tall and tanned, just as she remembered him during all these three months. 

"Uh, can I do anything for you?" She asked him awkwardly. He looked confused, at loss of words. "Maybe he is finally going to ask me out?" Anastasia thought to herself, blood flowing faster in her veins from excitement. Eventually, he opened his lips and replied:

"I, I... yes." Anastasia waited  in suspense for him to finish his sentence. "I need you..." He said slowly - and just when she wanted to throw herself at his wonderfully formed masculine chest, he added: "...To look after my cat for the summer." 

While he seemed relieved to finally finish his part of the conversation, Anastasia exclaimed furiously in her mind: "What a selfish bastard you are!" She also called herself an idiot for keeping tender feelings for this egoistic, cold-blooded man. Calming down, she then looked at him and said:

"Of course, Elijah - I'm always here to help you!" He winced.

"Um, I'm not Elijah..." he argued. Anastasia smiled with a twinkle of vileness in her eyes.
"Yes, of course you're not! Just like I'm not looking after your cat for the summer" and she shut the door in his face. "Good riddance to that ungrateful git!" She then shook her head vehemently, as if to throw the chapter with Elijah out of her mind. Once she did, she smiled to herself, relieved, and returned to the bedroom to finish her packing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment