Sunday, 23 February 2014

Full Circle

1
Spring. I laid in the grass with my head and mind facing the sky. Eyes closed. The absence of vision only strengthened the sensation of the sun rays covering my body like a blanket and the breeze blew gently the sweat drops from my brows. With cool beer in one hand and my smart-phone in the other, I suddenly felt the device vibrate. It was a new message from you.

2
It was our first summer together and nothing could go wrong. We had the entire country house to ourselves, the garden was our kingdom and time was held in our hands. I kissed your forehead, bumping into your sunglasses as I did so. You smiled; I moved lower and kissed your lips – yet again pushing the sunglasses into your face.
“Stupid thing!” I cursed and threw them away.
“Julian!” you shrieked in laughter. I silenced you with another kiss.
“You’re mine, Karen.” You smiled and pulled me onto you. My hand sneaked under your tank top and under the bra; my finger began drawing circles around your aroused nipples. Your breathing quickened:
“Julian, someone will see us!”
“So?” I smiled and within seconds, the fear from your eyes disappeared and a twinkle of rebellion replaced it. Your hand joined mine under the shirt and pulled it down between your legs. “I love it when you do that” I said. You smiled innocently as you then lifted your hand and pulled it from your pants into mine.  
It simply was a magical afternoon.

3
Evening. We stared at the moon, our bodies still hot from the ferocious love-making. We watched the stars, pointing at them. Our fingers drew the shapes of the constellations. It was after you traced Sagittarius that you looked at me and said:
“I will be looking at the stars from a more Northern point soon.”
“What?”
“I got accepted to study abroad.”
“For how long?”
“Bachelors study.”
“Oh.”
“I just found out a few days ago.”
“When are you leaving?”
“In two months.” I shook my head after a while of silence and smiled:
“Let’s make the most out of that until you leave, then!” and I pulled you - giggling - onto me.

4
I returned back to the country house the next summer. The house suffered from the recent floods. The grass we once leisured on was drowning in mud. Polluted gray clouds rolled across the skies. For an instant I thought the sun has returned into my life, as a letter from you had just arrived. 

Inside the envelope were the sunglasses you wore last summer. With them came a note. 
A note that told me to enjoy the summer and a life without you. My head turned full circle before I threw the sunglasses onto the floor and stomped them - and all my hopes for us - into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment